> Hi,
>
> There's the following message in my dmesg:
>
>    "Pentium Pro MTRR support enabled, default memory type is uncacheable"
>
> I seriously hope that it does not mean that my memory
> is not chached...  does it?  I haven't found any manual
> pages or other docs about it.
>
> (If it matters:  I cvsupped and built a -current world
> yesterday.  It's an SMP box (dual Celeron), which seems
> to run fine so far.)

It means that the default memory type for unmapped memory is
"uncacheable".  The message is confusing because typically there is a
mapping for physical memory that overrides the default.  I'll probably
remove it.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]