On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Andrze
> j Bialecki writes:

> >> I found that trying to build a PicoBSD floppy was a sure way of crashing
> >> my current box :-( Perhaps that is a nice testing environment?
> >
> >Then you should investigate this further, because it looks like some bug
> >in vn(4) code - picobsd build doesn't do anything unusual except that...
>
> I built a release (which also uses vn(4)) yesterday, so to some extent
> of the concept vn(4) works.  I'm very interested in a traceback of
> this panic...

If interrupted at (in)appropriate place, picobsd build process can leave
vn(4) configured but left without underlying file. I shoudl probably test
various scenarios here, like:

* vn configured, remove file, unconfig vn
* vn configured, mounted, unconfigure vn

etc, etc.. vn(4) should be foolproof , at least it shouldn't panic the
system. But you're right, we need a trace first...

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------
// --- Small & Embedded FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ ----