Hi !

Have a Cisco Router and want to play a bit with Kerberos support.
As far as I know Cisco router support Kerberos 5 and I'm not sure,
if it works with Kerberos 4 as well.

So I though that it might perhaps be a good idea to re-build my
FreeBSD 4.0 system and X11 with Kerberos5 support.

Is it possible, to replace Kerberos4 support in FreeBSD with
Kerberos 5 by simply defining
        KRB5_HOME=/usr
in /etc/make.conf ?

Would a make world then use Kerberos5 for FreeBSD ?

Are the Kerberos 4 patches included in the XFree86 port
Kerberos 4 specific or is there any chance to get it compiled
and running with Kerberos 5 Support ???

What would you suggest ??? Try to replace systems Kerberos 4
with Kerberos 5 or build Kerberos 5 in /usr/local/krb5 like
prepared in /etc/make.conf and then only link XFree86 with
Kerberos 5 under /usr/local/krb5 (which surely make some
patches necessary) ?!

Thanks for any help

        Andreas ///

--