> So I still stick with my statement that the -current bootblocks/loader
> doesn't have the computrons needed to use the ad device (or any non
> wd/da/fd device for that matter) for anything usefull :)

The loader is fine; the problem is just that Poul never finished fixing
the mountroot code.  All the loader does is read /etc/fstab and pass in
the entry for /.  It's up to the kernel to work it out from there, and
that's where it's falling down.
--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]