Heh.  I see, you want a program that one could use without
having to know _anything_.  Your right thats not what gcombust is,
but its still useful for those of us who know `something'...

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 05:02:07PM -0700, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> Yes, I tried gcombust and opted for the command line approach
>
> gcombust looks great ;however, I expect for user firiendly land
> less knobs for instance:
>
> burn iso 9660 cd
> Select files or directories
> type of CD : CD-R , CD-RW
>
> then pull the appropiate information for buffering and
> optimal speed from a database.

 Not sure a database would be enough for that, as these not only
vary for each system (hardware) but also depend on

. the type of files to be written (big ones or many small ones)
and of course the performance of the disk/controller/fs their on
(and the net if their not local)
. current and near-future system load (for example any cronjobs
coming up that will be hammering the source disk, or network?)

 (is that all?)  of course you could reduce the problems by simply
always creating an image file but then you can't write CDs once
your low on free space.

>...  Sometimes being the hacker
> of the house is not an easy task 8)

 :)  Still i'd like to know of any solution you come up with...

 Regards,
--
Juergen Lock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(remove dot foo from address to reply)