On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, David E. Cross wrote:

> How are PCI interrupts routed in CURRENT/NewBus?  For example almost all of
> my PCI devices are mapped to IRQ11.  I understand this is "normal" in the PCI
> world, but how does the interrupt dispatch routine decide which ints to
> route where?  I recently put a panic() in a intr routine of mine just to
> see the call stack, but all it showed has Xintr11 (which upon grepping the
> source found no matches, but a nm /kernel did find it?!?.

The bios informs the kernel what irq each device is mapped to and we build
a chain of interrupt handlers for each one. All the handlers registered
for a given irq are called when it fires.

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037