On 25 Aug 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>       >> Why would solaris machine make a request with vers=4:
>       >> galois.math.uic.edu -> galileo.math.uic.edu PORTMAP C GETPORT prog=100021
>(NLM) vers=4 proto=UDP
>       >> ?
>       >> (am I right that vers here is the same as the NFS version)?
>       >
>       >The NLM version 4 protocol is not supported, I am working on this.
>       >
>       >Question: did you delete both checks after the Solaris 2.5 mention?
>       >or just one?  which one?
>       >
>       >-Alfred
>       >
>       >

> Ah, so vers=4 has nothing to do with NFS's vers 3.

>From reading the Open Group's  XNFS book, NFSv3 clients
use the NLM version 4 protocol to gain locks, FreeBSD's
rpc.lockd doesn't have stub functions for NLMv4 locking _yet_ :)

> I have deleted both checks.

Interesting...

> Please let me know if you need more info or testing done.

Soon enough. :)

thank you,
-Alfred Perlstein - [[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Wintelcom systems administrator and programmer
   - http://www.wintelcom.net/ [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]