On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> Cameron Grant wrote:
>
> > newpcm has now been committed in -current, with functional trident 4dwave,
> > es1370, sb and mss support.  minimal changes to kernel config should be
> > required:
> >
> > pci devices:
> > device pcm0
> >
> > isa pnp devices:
> > controller pnp0
> > device pcm0
>
> Unfortunately I can't get it working on my SB16PNP with previously worked
> flamessly with "oldpcm". I've did as you suggested - as it seems to be pnp card
> I've removed all "at isa0 ....", rebuilded and rebooted. But with the new
> kernel I've observed 2 things: (1) my "pnp 1 0 os enable ..." string is no
> longer recognised; (2) SB is no longer works :-(. Following is relevant pieces
> of my dmesg output for both cases:

Could you send the output of pnpinfo. We are probably missing an ID in the
driver. The new pnp code doesn't need the "pnp 1 0 ..." stuff as it deals
with resource allocation itself without the need for user intervention.

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037