Peter Wemm wrote:

> Before getting too far here, can we consider some other standard interfaces?
>
>      #include <ucontext.h>
>
>      int getcontext(ucontext_t *ucp);
>      int setcontext(const ucontext_t *ucp);
>      void makecontext(ucontext_t *ucp, (void *func)(), int argc, ...);
>      int swapcontext(ucontext_t *oucp, const ucontext_t *ucp);
>
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/ucontext.h.html
>
> setjmp,longjmp,sigreturn,etc can all be done with this interface and it can
> be used for libc_r and future kernel-assisted threading.

We're at a point where the discussion, altough meaningful and important,
has no direct impact on the sigset_t change. I agree with Peter that we
should as well consider the ucontext interface, but prefer to stay focussed
on changing sigset_t. So, here's where I shut up and let you discuss the
matter further :-)

FYI: I have reimplemented {sig|_}?{set|long}jmp to use the new sigset_t and
all works well. It's not really important for me at this time how these
functions are eventually implemented. For now I'm at least able to fix
userland code.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/