Amancio Hasty wrote:

> click on "Communicator" -> AddressBook , then on your ldap server:
>
> Fill in :

> LDAP Server: ldap's hostname
> Server Root:  your server root
> Port Number :  the port number where your ldap server is listening to
>
> >From the address book window you should be able to query the ldap server.
>
>         Cheers
>
> --
>
>  Amancio Hasty
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Amancio,
Well, when I try to do that I always get the following error when you try to
search (even on the default ones like verisign, infoseek etc):

Failed to bind to 'InfoSpace Directory' due to LDAP error 'Can't connect to
the LDAP server' (0x5B)

Trussing it it seems to be related to a connect() that gets interrupted like
this:

syscall connect(0x24,0xce3158,0x10)
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall sendto(0x24,0xbfbfb8b8,0x24,0x0,0x0,0x0)
        returns 36 (0x24)
syscall poll(0xbfbfb670,0x1,0x1388)
        returns 1 (0x1)
syscall recvfrom(0x24,0xbfbfc164,0x400,0x0,0xbfbfb6f8,0xbfbfb664)
        returns 173 (0xad)
syscall close(36)
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall socket(0x2,0x1,0x0)