On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Wes Morgan wrote:
> The ed* ne2k and friends driver has quit working for me with a recent
> -current snapshot as of sometime early this afternoon. The board is
> correctly probed, but seems that it is never initialized.

I'm working on fixing this problem as we speak.

If it comes down to PCI cards not working vs. PCCARD devices not working I
think the choice is clear.

If anyone wants to stand up and volunteer to test PCCARD patches so I can
fix if_ed once and for all (and correctly) please don't hesitate to stand
up as I don't have the hardware to test PCCARD changes against.

Wes, thanks for reporting this.

> Normal behavior:
> amd0: <Tekram DC390(T)/AMD53c974 SCSI Host Adapter> irq 11 at device 8.0 on pci0
> ed1: <NE2000 PCI Ethernet (RealTek 8029)> irq 9 at device 9.0 on pci0
> ed1: address 00:00:b4:53:c2:97, type NE2000 (16 bit)
> vga-pci0: <S3 ViRGE graphics accelerator> at device 10.0 on pci0
>
> New (broken) behavior:
> amd0: <Tekram DC390(T)/AMD53c974 SCSI Host Adapter> irq 11 at device 8.0 on pci0
> ed0: <NE2000 PCI Ethernet (RealTek 8029)> irq 9 at device 9.0 on pci0
> vga-pci0: <S3 ViRGE graphics accelerator> at device 10.0 on pci0
>
> Also, I still cant get the new pcm driver to work quite right with my
> SB16. Its an old original SB16 that is software configurable but isnt pnp,
> so I have to config it manually. How do I set up the second drq line in my
> kernel config? drq0 and drq1 dont seem to work (is this even the right
> place to ask? :)

I seem to recall using the 'flags' keybord in the kernel config file but
you'll have to check LINT.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |