According to Brian Somers:
> I belive sendmail-8.10 will have smtp authentication built in.
> There's an rfc too (2554) but I can't say that they're the same thing

8.10 (not yet released) has SMTP AUTH.

        Support SMTP AUTH (see RFC 2554).  New macros for this purpose
                are ${auth_authen}, ${auth_type}, and ${auth_author}
                which hold the client's authentication credentials,
                the mechanism used for authentication, and the
                authorization identity (i.e., the AUTH= parameter if
                supplied).  Based on code contributed by Tim Martin of CMU.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #74: Thu Sep  9 00:20:51 CEST 1999