Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> How about this: early in make world, we check whether or not the
> current kernel supports the new syscalls. If it does, good. If it
> doesn't, we build and load a small module which installs syscalls
> which translate the sigset_t stuff into something the old syscalls can
> grok. Does that make sense to any of you guys?

That has been proposed by someone (sorry, I can't remember who exactly).
We still need a consensus as to what we should do. Personally, I now
like to fix this at the core of the problem: truly support
cross-compilations. This implies (IMO) that the source tree is never
used to build the tools with which a world is built (ideally). Such a
solution may take too long to be implemented to be used as a solution
now, though.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/