John,

> Also, for those of you who are experiencing problems:  Please state
> as precisely as possible:

I have Oct 4 9pm PDT -current on K6 and SMP PPro machine.

CVSup coredumps on K6 machine reliably(?) but it works on
SMP PPro machine.  I tried both 16.0/15.2(? previous one) packages.
Both are the same result.

Someone said that it works under truss.  It did work with
my K6 machine.  It smells like something uninitialized is
used?

> Note, you are going to have trouble getting much out of the core dumps
> from the binaries, because they're a.out.  I've placed an unstripped
> ELF binary here if you'd like to help out by getting a stack trace:
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/~jdp/cvsup-16.0.gz

Great!

I was trying to rebuild CVSup by myself, besides I misplaced aout
gdb somewhere....  As your CVSup web page says, it wasn't that
straightforward ;-)

Thanks

Tammy