Recently, the libncurses source tree was updated to a 5.0 prerelease
snapshot, which is great. However, one app that I develop also uses the
panels library on top of the regular ncurses lib. As it is, the panel
library is incompatible with the ncurses 5.0 library (at least, the 5.0
panel lib) and its a bit of a pain to fix symlinks every time i make
world. And FWIW I don't use the ncurses port because (as is the case with
some ports) it installs into freakish locations and no sir I just don't
like it (plus its only 4.2).

So my question would be, how come it isnt updated?

WM

--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.