Today Bryan Liesner wrote:

> I've been having trouble mounting my ATAPI CDROM using the new ATA drivers

> And here are my /dev entries:
>
> brw-r-----  1 root  operator   19,   0 Oct 22 01:34 /dev/acd0a
> brw-r-----  1 root  operator   19,   2 Oct 22 01:34 /dev/acd0c
> brw-r-----  1 root  operator   19,   8 Oct 22 01:34 /dev/acd1a
> brw-r-----  1 root  operator   19,  10 Oct 22 01:34 /dev/acd1c
>
> They look like block devices to me!

They sure are but the major number has changed, it should be 31.
Make sure you've got an up to date MAKEDEV and remake the
devices.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null