>       I tried the latest this morning, and still the same issue.
> Oct 24 09:52:08 slag2a /kernel: mlx0: I/O error - attempt to writt to write
> beyond end of drive
> Oct 24 09:52:08 slag2a /kernel: mlx0: I/O error - attempt to write beyond
> end of drive
> FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Oct 24 09:34:47 EDT 1999
>
> How should I be fdisking and disklabling the drive ? Anything different
> than
> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rmlxd0 bs=1k count=1
> disklabel -Brw mlxd0 auto
> disklabel -e mlxd0
> newfs /dev/rmlxd0e

That's OK as long as you make the 'e' partition correctly.  Try
newfs'ing the 'c' partition instead.  It'd also help to see the boot
messages from the driver and the disklabel, since it looks like the
controller and the disklabel disagree about the size of the drive.

\\ Tell him he should learn how to fish himself,  \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\\ and he'll hate you for a lifetime.             \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]