Hi there,

For a quite awhile I'm observing strange problems with dynamic loader (ld-elf).
On my -current system (last 'suped and compiled several hours ago) I often
observed the following error message:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/bin/foobar: Shared object has no run-time symbol
table

where foobar can be virtually any dynamically linked binary. For a quite long
time I searched for the way to reproduce this bug, and it seems that I've
finally found how to do it. In most cases attempt to make any port on a freshly
booted system stops with:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/bin/awk: Shared object has no run-time symbol
table

but when I'm trying to run make again with the same port it works flawlessly.
I've compiled rtld-elf with -DDEBUG and produced two debugging logs of two
subsequently attempts to run make for one of the ports and attaching it with
this message.

If any additional info/debugging will be necessary please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Sincerely,

Maxim

ldlog.tar.bz2