: > :
: > :Thanks,
: > :
: > :Drew
: >
: >     There should be a response to the rpc either way so my guess is that
: >     it is a server-side bug.
:
:It turns out that the user was in 17 groups (DU supports up to 32).
:After I removed him from 2 groups & got his group count down to 15,
:all was well.
:
:After I upgrade the NFS server to a more recent -current, I'll test
:this again with a user in 17 groups.
:
:Thanks again,
:
:Drew

    Ahhh... I'm glad you found it.  I was beginning to scratch my head.

    NGROUPS_MAX is set to 16 (/usr/src/sys/sys/syslimits.h).  You may
    be able to patch the kernel to up the number of groups by upping
    the value in that define and recompiling the kernel.  I've never
    tried this myself but it should work.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>