At 12:17 PM -0700 11/3/99, Nate Williams wrote:
> > BOOTP in
> > the kernel will go _when_there_is_an_acceptable_alternative_.
>
>You've already stated *THERE IS AN ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATIVE*, and it's
>PXE.  (I can use all caps instead of underscores to make a point too :)

I thought he was saying that "bootp in the kernel" should be
removed at some point in the future.  Not "all bootp" support,
but just "inside-the-kernel hacks for bootp".

I say let's cross the "remove bootp in the kernel" bridge when
we actually come to it.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer          or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute