Peter Wemm wrote:

> "D. Rock" wrote:
> > I read the last mails regarding problems with their ESS 1868 boards.
> > Well, at least it is partially working for them. I didn't have any
> > luck with the driver for some time now. I couldn't get a single tone.
> >
> > With the old voxware driver, sound worked at least partially
> > (44.1 kHz, 8 Bit, mono), but with the new driver I didn't have any
> > luck at all.
> >
> > Here my configuration:
> > device          pcm0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
>
> Err, the ESS1868 is a PNP device.  You should only have "device pcm0" and
> nothing more.  You might also try "options PNPBIOS".  You are running
> -current, right?
What does "options PNPBIOS" do. I didn't find it in LINT?

This one doesn't seem to be a PNP device. I set all the resources manually via BIOS.
If it was a PNP device, it shouldn't be detected any longer by the old voxware
driver.

# pnpinfo
Checking for Plug-n-Play devices...
No Plug-n-Play devices were found