Sounds like its time to hack cvsup to display a diff of UPDATING from
before and after cvsup.  If it actually happened I dont think people would
mind because the average change is only a dozen lines or less it would
coincide with the amount of output cvsup would show for someone who
frequently cvsups, and if you are doing a big cvsup you expect copious
output anyway.

My $0.02

-- Adam