Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>
> > > Please see Netscape plugin port (ports/www/flashplugin) to find
> > > out why we still have to need a.out support.
> >
> > The port has nothing to do with building a legacy a.out world and
> > consequently works fine (yes, I tested it :-)
>
> Not really. You have to have a.out crt0.o and friends to be able to link
> it. You probably have some old versions around in your system, but they
> are not built by "world" target. Hence, they are not a part of binary
> distrib.

Yes, I have c++rt0.o in /usr/lib/aout. If I didn't have it, I would be
given directions on how to get it (from the port):

1. extract /usr/src/lib (distribution files: src/slib.??)
2. cd /usr/src/lib/csu/i386
3. make depend
4. make OBJFORMAT=aout clean all install

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/