On Thursday,  9 December 1999 at  8:46:13 -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:
>> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Christopher Masto writes:
>> : Right now, I have no sound (not detected), no USB (panic on removal),
>> : can't use my sio pccard, can't eject my ed pccard, my IDE drives are
>> : taking hours to dump and fsck, and my TV card is missing every other
>> : line if I try to use the (not working anyway) closed caption decoder.
>>
>> I have some patches for the can't eject the network cards from a user
>> that I'm trying out and would then need to get committed to the
>> network layer to properly support if_detach().
>>
>> What's wrong with your sio pccard?  Mine works well enough...
>
> Mine hasn't worked since a kernel built from Nov 23 sources.  It
> broke sometime between then and December 4th.  Just built a new
> kernel from todays sources, and still no go.
>
> pccardd[47]: driver allocation failed for Motorola(MONTANA 33.6 FAX/MODEM): Device
>not configured

This closely parallels my experience.  I used to get:

Dec  5 11:57:53 mojave /kernel.old: sio1 at port 0x2e8-0x2ef irq 5 slot 1 on pccard0
Dec  5 11:57:53 mojave /kernel.old: sio1: type 16550A

Now I get:

Dec  9 20:08:02 mojave pccardd[53]: driver allocation failed for CIRRUS LOGIC 56K
MODEM(CL-MD56XX): Device not configured

This happened some time towards the end of last month.

Greg
--
Finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key