(Forwarded to -current, due to lack of audience in -smp. Sorry for
bothering you).

------ Forwarded message ------
    From: Remy Nonnenmacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Subject: Idle loop in SMP.
    Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 18:43:40 +0100 (CET)
      To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

While investigating a temperature problem, I seen that the default_halt
entry called for an idle processor do not really halt the processor. I
found the reason on the CVS logs and it is intended to react to changes
made on the run queue by the other processor. (i386/i386/swtch.s, 1.61).

Since this is dated Sept 97, can we expect a better solution regarding
the progress made in the SMP area ?

Thanks to all.

RN.
IaM