On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Julian Elischer writes:
>  >
>  > might I suggest that we make a decision to allow procfs to be mounted with
>  > a -linux flag and act more like the linux programs expect.?
>  > (particularly we could mount it at /compat/linux/proc with the -linux
>  > flag).
>  >

> That would be wonderful.
>
> I'd also like to see us have enough information in /proc to be able to
> divorce ps & friends from libkvm.  It would be nice to be able to have
> most tools continue to work if you have mismatched kernels &
> userlands.

I thought the work was going in precisely the opposite way, so that jail
could work without any visibility to /proc.

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)