:On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 09:32:04AM -0800, Matthew Dillon
:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:
:>      sysctl -a | fgrep dirty
:>      sysctl -w vfs.lodirtybuffers=X
:>      sysctl -w vfs.hidirtybuffers=Y
:
:Matt, I've tried your patch to sys/kern/vfs_bio.c, made no difference.
:Lowering the vfs.hidirtybuffers from 221 to 110 helps as before. The
:vfs.lodirtybuffers sysctl is gone for some reason.

    Oh my.  Maybe we have two problems here.  Alfred had similar problems
    and the patch fixed it right up.

    Try running a 'top -S -s1' while you are running your test, with
    my patch but without doing the sysctl's, and tell me what the various
    programs block on when the problem occurs (buf_daemon and whatever
    program is causing the hicup).

                                                -Matt