Emre wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I went to
>ftp://current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/4.0-19991218-CURRENT/README.TXT
>and read that document.
>
> Most hardware that I need to use is supported on that list, but I have a question:
>is SMP enabled in the GENERIC kernel in FreeBSD 4.0-current?  we have a server that
>has dual 500Mhz P-III's and 2GB RAM...it's a waste to run Linux on it :\

You have to recompile the kernel to enable SMP : it's a matter of
erasing four "#"s in the GENERIC config file. You may have to read a few
pages of the handbook to see how to recompile your kernel (begin with
<http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html>)

        TfH

PS : could you break your lines at 72 chars ?