Ben Rosengart wrote:

> If I recall correctly, someone posted recently that the time is not far
> off when one will be able to make world on an older, pre-signals-change
> system.

You can already do a buildworld, but you still have to make and install
a new kernel in order to do a installworld. At this time you should
therefore not use `make world' yet. A full upgrade path can only be
offered if the kernel is also made along with a buildworld and is also
installed as part of the installation process. This requires a bit more
work though.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/