On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Edwin Culp wrote:

> My ESS1869 is now repeating the very end of the sound file being played
> six or seven times.  It is as if the last buffer is being written and
> rewritten to the device at the end without finding the EOF.  These laptops
> are current as of 9 am PST today.
>
> Is anyone else hearing this?

Yep.  It occurs when I play Linux rvplayer-5.0 clips.  The last 4 secs of
the clip repeat 5 times before stopping.  Also, if I press stop before the
clip is finished, it repeats 5 times exactly.  Same deal with "exit" -
the previous 4 secs in the buffer repeat 5X and THEN it exits.

Also, great work getting this card to work again.  However, rvplayer 5.0
clips have pops and clicks scattered throughout the clips.  Also, when I
switch to another window, or scroll up/down in Netscape, rvplayer starts
skipping.

- Donn