On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> It seems Garrett Wollman wrote:
> > <<On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:59:30 +0100 (CET), Soren Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> >
> > > If you looked at the code, you would see that the ata driver only uses
> > > this ugly method when we are dealing with the standard primary &
> > > secondary controller which are bound to specific addresses and interrupts.
> > > Those are not configurable.
> >
> > That's why the resource manager allows you to specify a specific range
> > of resources.  If you want to be sure of getting IRQ 11, specify start
> > == end == 11 and length == 1.
>
> Right, but I think there where problems with that back when dfr did this
> code. At any rate this is currently being rewritten (again by dfr) to
> handle this better and to make ata register devices as children etc etc.

I think the original reason I didn't touch that part of the code was a
combination of the fact that I needed two interrupts (primary and
secondary controllers) and the desire to leave as much as possible of the
code undisturbed.

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037