>I have to say that PHK has become the MASTER at pissing
>people off, ensuring that his opponent goes the deep end
>and  staying calm so the blame obviously does not fall on
>him. Got to admit his formula is very very nice 8)
>

>By a long shot the problem is NOT Karl. It takes at least
>TWO to engage in a combatitive conflict -- that is if
>you are not schizophreniac.
>
>The proper tactic to resolve the conflict should have
>been to wait a cool off period and then slug it off
>technically. Nevertheless, instead of waiting for
>Karl to cool off and attempt to ration with him ,
>it was much easier to drive him further down: hence
>thru censorship the "technical" argument was won
>with virtually no technical effort at all -- Like I said
>earlier very very nice tactic !

   May I respectfully request that people not jump to conclusions without a
lot more to go on than some angry accusations. I would also like to say that
Poul-Henning's behavior in this thread was exceptional and that Karl had no
reason to react the way he did. I think Karl owes a lot of people some
apologies. His behavior was clearly inappropriate and continues to be so.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.