:Just saw this passing on the console while compiling teTeX on an NFS
:mounted dir:
:
:NFS append race @0:19
:NFS append race @0:135
:NFS append race @0:60
:NFS append race @0:102
:NFS append race @0:60
:NFS append race @0:12
:NFS append race @0:24
:NFS append race @0:66
:NFS append race @0:512
:NFS append race @0:958
:
:What does that mean ?   A few more popped up while I type this.

     This is catching a situation and printing a debug message for it.
     The problem existed previously but there was no debug message being
     printed for it before.  It is probably harmless in the case of your
     compile.

     There were a bunch of situations that could cause this, including an
     append race for which the debug message was named after.  The append
     race is now fixed but there are still a few situations that can cause
     this to occur.

     I will attempt to reproduce the problem by compiling up the teTeX port
     over a RW NFS mount.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>