> > ....and I apologise for wrongfully accusing it.   The panic is in fact
> > caused by newpcm (Cameron CC'd).  DDB trace can be provided upon request
> > (is there a way to save it into a file instead of having to write it
> > down on a piece of paper?)
>
> Sure. Hook up serial console or some terminal program to appropriate
> serial port using null-modem cable, then rebuild your kernel and boot
> with right flag. Look at sys/i386/LINT, man sio(4) and man boot(8).

Or, if the panic happens after rc.conf has been run / you can log in,
set the dump device to something sensible. From DDB type panic. When the
system boots up again, you type savecore /some/dir and possibly copy the
debugging kernel from /sys/compile/KERNELNAME to /some/dir/kernel.0 as
well.

Nick

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          USB project