Hello all!

On the 2nd on January I made a fresh install of a 3.3-REL. On that same day I
updated its /usr/src to 4.0-CURRENT. I went through a process(almost trivial to
me, trivial for you guys) that took sometime. On the 3rd the machine was fully
running -CURRENT.
I made this rehearsal because I have a dozen must-be-online that in due time,
will be running 4.0.

I remember last years 'version-rush', scripts and whatever, to upgrade everyone
to 3.0. Some made it with success, some not.

Thanks to the great job FreeBSD's team has been doing, more and more people are
running FreeBSD on very serious environments/bussinesses and gladly, not
everyone needs to be a 15 year-old Unix hacker to command the troops.

What are your plans regarding the upgrading procedure this year ? Will it be
easy to upgrade to the 4.0-REL from 3.4(5) with scripts ?

Joao

                                          ^\   /^
                                            O O

This sentence contradicts itself -- no actually it doesn't.
                -- Hofstadter