Hello,

On my SMP box, I've set up a striped Vinum partition. Not wanting to
mount it each time I boot, I've included a "placeholder" in fstab to get
it known, but without it getting mounted at boot-up.

/dev/vinum/initial      /files1         ufs     rw,noauto       2
2
herbie2:/files2         /files2         nfs     rw
/dev/ad4s2e             /files3         ufs     rw,noauto       2
2
/dev/ad4s1b             /usr/obj        mfs     rw              0
0

This evening, with freshly supped sources (got around 21h00 GMT,
followed by a "make world"), my new kernel insists it wants to fsck the
/files1 partition, even if it is not to be mounted.

I then have to comment out the /files1 line in /etc/fstab while in
single-user mode : no joy

the /files3 has absolutely no trouble, it stays un-mounted and
un-fsck'ed

        TfH