> > The issue with the 3c589d is with its speed.  It is falling back to
> > the timeout routine to send data rather than getting an interrupt when
> > the tx has happened (or something like this, I'm reporting second hand
> > stuff).
>
> Whatever it is, results in ping times being 1000ms then 10ms then 1000ms
> then 10ms...when it responds.

This is typical for interrupt misconfiguration for this driver.  When you
get the interrupt configuration right, it works fine.

(No, getting the interrupt configuration right is not a trivial task.)

\\ Tell him he should learn how to fish himself,  \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\\ and he'll hate you for a lifetime.             \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]