+----[ Brian Somers ]---------------------------------------------
| > Running 4.0 -current as of today.....on a DEC Alphaststion 233 when I dial out
| > I connect for about 30 seconds then it dies...here is a copy of the ppp.log
| [.....]
|
| Well, you're receiving data from the peer, but the peer is not
| sending any response to your config request.  From what I can see,
| ppp is behaving exactly right.
|
| I have no idea what your ISP is expecting - he's sending exactly the
| same REQ as you are.
|
| You could try ``set accmap 000a0000'', but I'll bet it won't help.  I
| think you're stuck with asking your ISP to tell you what their side
| thinks it's doing.  You could also try ``set log +physical'' to see
| if anything funny is being read from the device and dropped, but
| again I expect nada :-(

Try disabling compression. I've seen this before also, when ppp was
trying to talk to pppd.

I think it's specifically related to DEFLATE compression, it was a while
ago now that I saw it.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |