Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 12:02:09 +0100, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>
> > No. build-tools are those tiny little utilities that are part of the
> > sources and are only used to build the sources.
>
> Okay, so how do we boot-strap lint?  Ultimately, the build of the lint
> libraries requires a working lint, which most people don't have at this
> stage.  However, the lint binary itself doesn't require boot-strapping.

(backward) compatibility probrems are solved by the bootstrap-tools
target. If we need xlint from the source tree for the build process, we
need to build it in bootstrap-tools...

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/