On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 07:14:19PM +0900, Munehiro Matsuda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems that texinfo is compiled as cross-tools for buildworld.
> But, is it really needed when -DNOINFO has been specified?

Yes, because we need an up-to-date makeinfo to be able to build
newer info's (like those in texinfo itself and grep).

Your patch does work only for the reason that you're not building
texinfo plus info build for grep has been disabled till today.

The world breakage has been fixed in src/Makefile.inc1,v 1.130 by
moving gnu/usr.bin/texinfo before gnu/usr.bin/cc:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/Makefile.inc1?r1=1.129&r2=1.130

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          Sysadmin and DBA of the
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        United Commercial Bank,

http://www.FreeBSD.org  The Power To Serve
http://www.oracle.com   Enabling The Information Age