Greetings,

                I administer several machines running freebsd.  Most of
them are running FreeBSD-CURRENT, and all of them have DPT SmartRAID IV
raid controlers.  I was looking though LINT and found that it made
reference to a set of tools for working with said cards and happily looked
to install it.  The tools are  in /usr/src/usr.sbin/dpt.  To my shock and
disapointment ( ;( ) They don't compile.  When I issue tha make command
this is what I get:

visigoth(/usr/src/usr.sbin/dpt) # make
===> dpt_ctlinfo
Warning: Object directory not changed from original
/usr/src/usr.sbin/dpt/dpt_ctlinfo
cc -O -pipe -Wall -I/usr/src/usr.sbin/dpt/dpt_ctlinfo/../../../sys   -c
dpt_ctlinfo.c
dpt_ctlinfo.c:43: scsi/scsi_all.h: No such file or directory
dpt_ctlinfo.c:44: scsi/scsi_message.h: No such file or directory
dpt_ctlinfo.c:45: scsi/scsiconf.h: No such file or directory
dpt_ctlinfo.c:49: sys/dpt.h: No such file or directory
dpt_ctlinfo.c: In function `main':
dpt_ctlinfo.c:55: syntax error before `pass_thru'
dpt_ctlinfo.c:68: `pass_thru' undeclared (first use in this function)
dpt_ctlinfo.c:68: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
dpt_ctlinfo.c:68: for each function it appears in.)
dpt_ctlinfo.c:72: `DPT_CTRLINFO' undeclared (first use in this function)
dpt_ctlinfo.c:73: `compat_softc' undeclared (first use in this function)
dpt_ctlinfo.c:75: `DPT_IOCTL_SEND' undeclared (first use in this function)
dpt_ctlinfo.c:85: `MAX_CHANNELS' undeclared (first use in this function)
dpt_ctlinfo.c:95: `DPT_NO_CACHE' undeclared (first use in this function)
dpt_ctlinfo.c:98: `DPT_CACHE_WRITETHROUGH' undeclared (first use in this
function)
dpt_ctlinfo.c:101: `DPT_CACHE_WRITEBACK' undeclared (first use in this
function)
dpt_ctlinfo.c:96: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch
statement
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/usr.sbin/dpt/dpt_ctlinfo.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/usr.sbin/dpt.

        I was taking a look through the list archives, and it seems that
this issue has come up before, I found that someone had decided that it
was looking for depends that are in FreeBSD 2 or something.  Are there
plans to update these tools for -CURRENT? If not, does anyone have a way
of making them work?  It is really great to have RAID 5 on all your
machines, but if you can't administer the card from the OS then all of my
"Hot swapable" SKA stuff is in vain  ;) and a large waste of money.

Thanks in advance

Damieon Stark
Unix Systems Administrator