:Just to let you know how it went....
:
: *  * From: Matthew Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
:
: *  *     Please upgrade your system to the latest ffs_softdep.c, vers 1.47.  This
: *  *     will fix a number of other problems but may not fix this one.
:
:I first upped it to 1.48 (I think) and was seeing hangs all over the
:place (telnet says "connected" but nothing shows up except empty
:lines, etc.), but the problems went away when I moved to 1.56.  The
:machines have been running reliably for a few days now.
:
:Satoshi

    Ah, that's good.  I still have one person reporting a panic with 1.56
    (which I have a core for).  w/1.56 my own buildworld tests succeed
    and except for this one person everyone else is reporting their
    softupdates problems solved.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>