I'm trying to figure out how to make a makefile to build a module and have
run into something I do not understand.  I am working with freshly
cvsup'ed sources.

When I try to build a module in /sys/modules, the command line contains a
-DKERNEL, which I find in bsd.kmod.mk.  This causes the wrong definitions
to be defined, since the correct ones are protected by #ifdef _KERNEL.
(note the _).  This is the case for running make from /sys, /sys/module,
or /sys/module/<module name>

I looked a buildworld log from Jan 25, unknown cvs date, and the modules
are built with -D_KERNEL, as I would expect.

Am I doing something wrong, did something change, or do I just not
understand?

Brian Beattie            | The only problem with
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      | winning the rat race ...
www.aracnet.com/~beattie | in the end you're still a rat