> I have tried doing this on -current but it doesnt make any difference. I have
> also removed every non-essential item out of the kernel.
> I am using boot -dv with "options DIAGNOSTIC" in the kernel and it doesnt tell
> me what the PnP probe is hanging on.
>
> Any other suggestions?

I don't think it's pnp probing. You don't seem to have any pnp devices
at all from your dmesg output. Could you do a 'pnpinfo' and verify if
it is indeed the case?

Isa bus is the last bus probed, and immediately (well, almost) follows
that configure hooks with interrupt enabled. That is also the first
time BSP gives up mplock, and the APs have a chance to initialize
themselves. I believe that is where it hangs.

Just to make sure, do you have "options NAPIC 2" in your kernel config?
The default is 1, so you absolutely need this line for things to work.

-lq