Thus spake The Hermit Hacker ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> ===> lib/libcom_err/doc
> install-info --quiet  --defsection="Programming & development tools."  --defentry="*
>libcom_err: (com_err).        A Common Error Description Library for UNIX."
>com_err.info /usr/share/info/dir
> install-info: unrecognized option `--defsection=Programming & development tools.'
>         Try `install-info --help' for a complete list of options.
> *** Error code 1

> Source tree is as of Feb 1st, so only 24hrs old, but I don't recall seeing
> anything go throughthe list concerning the above ...
> Help? :)

As obrien suggested:

cd /usr/src
make -k installworld
make installworld

works.

For short:
The old install-info didn't know this new option.
go to
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/texinfo/install-info

and install the new isntall-info (make clean all install)

and then restart make installworld.

Everything is fine then.

I suggested Warner to add this to UPDATING, but I got no response.

Alex

--
I doubt, therefore I might be.