On 5 Feb 00, at 9:28, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 07:41:56PM +1300, Dan Langille wrote:
> > I'm experiencing the same problems but the proposed solution of
> > "make -k -DNOFSCHG installworld " doesn't allow the following "make
> > installworld" to succeed.  The error messages remain unchanged.  I
> > cvsup'd about 24 hours ago.
> >
> Hmm, I have received successful reports from some people.
> You are doing something different.  We are talking about DESTDIR=/
> case, and the latest bsd.lib.mk with unbroken PRECIOUSLIB feature.
> -DNOFSCHG is required to install without -fschg new shared libraries,
> in particular, libc.so.4 with setflags.  -k is required since there is
> no such a beast like NOFSCHG for bsd.prog.mk.  So, on the first pass
> you should have *all* new libraries installed, and some programs like
> /bin/rcp (which are installed with flags) not installed.  On the
> second pass everything will be installed, since we at this point we
> already have the new /usr/bin/install and new libc.so.4.

OK.  I'll cvsup to be sure I have the latest.  And try the whole process
again.  FWIW:  I'm following the instructions mentioned by Jim Bloom in
the UPDATING thread (msg id = [EMAIL PROTECTED]).

cheers

        cd /usr/src
        make buildworld
        make installworld
        cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall
        make install
        cd /usr/src
        make installworld

--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/