On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 09:51:25AM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 04-Feb-00 Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > Could you please provide then *right* instructions for UPDATING?
>
> David O`Brien's are probably the easiest:
>
> If installworld breaks, then do this:
>
> make -k installworld
> make installworld

I've committed the fix.  Another way of not tripping over problems is:

# cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall
# make clean depend all install

This'll give you an install that's statically linked.

If your install program is already broken then you'll need to copy the
install binary into /usr/bin from your obj tree by hand.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused.
Joe
--
Josef Karthauser        FreeBSD: Take the red pill and we'll show you just how
Technical Manager       deep the rabbit hole goes. (http://www.uk.freebsd.org)