On 6 Feb 00, at 14:13, Dan Langille wrote:

> I tried to swap network cards today.  So I did a boot -c then went into
> visual config.  After adding ed0 back in and modifying, then saving the
> values for it, I did a Q to quit and a Y to save.  That was about 20
> minutes ago.  It's still sitting on the visual screen.

I think we can safely ignore the above.  I think it was because I removed
PC-CARD from the configuration.

More importantly, changes made during the above visual config are not
being saved.  This sounds like the problem 3.1-RELEASE had.
/boot/kernel.conf remains unchanged after adding in ed0 and configuring
it.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/