On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 10:31:17PM +0100, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Why does "make update" in /usr/src also include a cvsup of /usr/ports?
>
> Since /usr/ports and /usr/docs have Makefiles and "update" targets
> of their own, and the alternative update by cvs doesn't cover
> /usr/ports either, I suggest to remove the /usr/ports cvsup from
> Makefile.inc1's "update" target.

As the person who implemented PORTSSUPFILE, I'd object. Originally SUPFILE2 was
set to the ports-supfile, so to preserve original behavior (that is, updating
ports along with src/) that stayed in.

To some of us, updating both at the same time is rather convinient as well.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect
Computer Horizons Corp - CVM