On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 10:57:30PM +0100, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> I'm trying to update a Dell CPi laptop from 3.4-STABLE (a few days ago) to 4.0
> CURRENT (from today). I've made a 4.0 kernel and booted on it but every time I
> run "buildworld", the newly made perl binary dies with sig11 everytime when
> building the "sdbm" extention.
>
>From my recent experience upgrading from 3.3-S to 4.0-C:
1. You do not need a -current kernel for buildworld stage.
2. You do not need a -current kernel for installworld if DESTDIR!=/.
3. You will need to `make -DNOINFO installworld'.

<PS>
I didn't install -current world on 3.x with DESTDIR=/
</PS>

--
Ruslan Ermilov          Sysadmin and DBA of the
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        United Commercial Bank,

http://www.FreeBSD.org  The Power To Serve
http://www.oracle.com   Enabling The Information Age